Site Translator

Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Chaos & Question Marks 6.13.10

What are the chances that Spirit Airlines cancels this week's flights on the same day that my son's babysitter calls to cancel the three days she had planned to sit while I was away this week ... and both on the day before I am scheduled to fly down to Florida? Are you kidding me?? Should I admit that I finally put my head down on the table and just sobbed my heart out in a rare-but-much-needed whoa-is-me moment? Oh, poor Chop! Note to self: Attempting to squeeze research trip to tropical island while simultaneously focusing on real estate business may lead to brain hemorrhage - or, at the very least, a shear test to see how much one determined woman can really handle on a secret mission! Needless to say, I'd make a terrible CIA operative. I also wanted to call my mommy.

I have the most dedicated husband on earth and count my blessings every day that we are family. Chop took a day off from work - aka from a ridiculously overbooked schedule - so that I could extend this trip to include a hop down to the Keys. So now here I am at 7:30 in the evening facing Plan B in a manner I had never anticipated. See?? Plan B ... we've been warned! To top it off, I now feel terribly guilty because I'm humbled to call my friends and admit I need some help, yet I can't be completely honest about the extent of my plans. What is even trickier is that some of these friends are well-acquainted with Chop's colleagues, one of them practically sharing an office. How does one explain that one's wife is going to Key West without said other - or even said child - without drawing even further suspicion? Oooooh, we all know the morals of this story! I hate to lie. Hate it. From the bottom of my heart, I hope they will forgive my indiscretion when we share this story one day, and I cross-my-heart promise to always have a room ready for them to visit us in Key West. Even during Fantasy Fest week. Anytime. I swear.

Fortunately, my alternate plans came together quickly. I have a tremendous amount of gratitude toward some very dear people, and I am incredibly happy to be back on track. My hope is that, by the week's end, I will have found answers to many of our questions. If I'm lucky enough to meet a few new friends along the way, all the better! Oh, and Spirit Airlines? Ally is still waiting for an apology, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment below. I welcome your thoughts, questions, and feedback. Please remember, this is a family-friendly blog. Keep it positive; keep it clean. Thank you!