Site Translator

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

For Sale, For Sale!

It's official.  As of one hour and twenty minutes ago, our house is officially for sale. 

Doink!

It's an odd feeling, I must say.  We've worked so hard to make this house as magazine-ready as possible, yet to look out the window at that sign .... wow.  What's that sign doing in front of our house??  I mean, what if somebody actually buys it?  Now?

Here's a quick tour to show off our efforts of late:

(1)  The master bedroom - the caddy-corner bed, as promised!  Note:  I have to admit, it's kind of grown on me over these last few weeks.  I kind of like the warm cross-breezes floating through the room as the temperatures finally warm up here in Virginia.  Cheesy ... but true!

 
(2)  The dining room table ... and I love this photo because it represents a simplified mini version of soooooo many wonderful, beautiful meals we've shared with our families at this table over the years.  The last of my lilac blooms are centered here, the sweetest scent on mother earth.


(3) The living room (sans the giant man couch!) - we removed the 20-foot sofa (kidding, but not too far off!) to open up the room wide, and it worked like a charm.  With a few minor adjustments, we made the room look twice as big ... cha-ching!


(4)  My office/den ... I can assure you it never looked this orderly.  Nor did I harbor a palm tree in here until three weeks ago.  That's my office chair, by the way.  I'm sitting in it now (just in case you're dying to know!).


(5) And at the end of the day ... a nice hot shower.  Aahhh. 



So we'll now wait and see what the market brings our way.  Our agent is the same dynamic, hard-charging Realtor who sold us this very house four years ago, and we put a lot of trust in her advice and expertise.  Thankfully, this part of the country has remained relatively market stable over the past few years.  So a toast to Lady Luck ... to getting this show on the road, dear lady!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment below. I welcome your thoughts, questions, and feedback. Please remember, this is a family-friendly blog. Keep it positive; keep it clean. Thank you!