Site Translator

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Making It Real: The Application

Five minutes ago I clicked the "send" button in my Gmail account. This followed 10 minutes of heart palpitations and triple-checking the recipient's email address for errors. It's official. I formally applied to teach at Sigsbee Charter School for the 2011-12 school year, as well as any potential openings within the public schools of Monroe County. Now I can only hope my most recent documents have made it safely across the cyber fields into the Sigsbee inbox. The next board meeting is in two days, January 6th. I don't know if that means anything in particular except that I would love to see my application package find its way to the monthly agenda ... even if it's in a small corner, an overflow topic. Even a water cooler conversation would be lovely! Do you sense those extra warm and fuzzy vibes in the air, Key West? They're coming from me right now. This is a big step, this application. Big. But for now, with fingers and toes crossed, I respectfully wait.

In the meantime, here's to a productive week ahead. Our Christmas tree is down, and our holiday decorations are packed up for the season. For all the weeks we fret over our festive plans, there is something beautifully refreshing about starting a new year once again. From our family to yours, we wish you a wonderful Happy New Year! Thank you for hanging in there with us so far, and may so very many of your wishes for 2011 become your realities.

Many cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment below. I welcome your thoughts, questions, and feedback. Please remember, this is a family-friendly blog. Keep it positive; keep it clean. Thank you!