Site Translator

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

News!

Sort of. I guess it's really anticlimactic. I received two bits of information yesterday that I can squirrel away in my mind-whirling brain for now. First, my general application to Monroe County officially is complete, approved, and on file. I received notice yesterday. Yay!! Second, the principal at Sigsbee responded to my inquiry by letting me know that my application and resume have been received and will be retained until positions for the 2011-12 school year are identified.

Ba-dump.

Did I expect anything different, really? No. Not logically. It's simply too early for most schools to announce their staffing requirements quite yet. Secretly, of course, I had hoped that I could sneak in an early interview far and long before any openings would be posted simply because I had all my ducks lined up first. As if ... um, my ducks are better than your ducks, right? Hmf. Dumb ducks. Now I have to wait again. I told Chop I feel like a groundhog. Pop my head up with anticipation. Get the beat-down. Scurry back into my hole. Wait three more months during the dead of winter. Then emerge as a butterfly. Whoops ... wrong animal. Oy, that's what I get for queuing up so early.

Pep talk to self: I have done everything I can do for now. Sit back. Breath. Attempt New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle. Wait my turn. It would be three months before I finish puzzle anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment below. I welcome your thoughts, questions, and feedback. Please remember, this is a family-friendly blog. Keep it positive; keep it clean. Thank you!