Site Translator

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Weeks Later and One Bloody Nose

Ah-ha! Got your attention, did I not? It's been one of those days ... and it's only Tuesday. The bloody nose? Legit. My darling son zonked me (quite accidentally, mind you!) with the back of his head and nailed me right on the schnozzle. After nearly passing out from the sight of my own blood and icing down my beak for an hour, I think I may actually survive. Shoot me maybe, but I'll be fine.

Two weeks have passed and no word back yet on my teaching application with Sigsbee Charter. Granted, I'm ridiculously early in my submission, and I think I've always taken the risk of being too prepared, if that's possible. Yet still, I'm anxious. Recommendation letters have been making their way down to the Monroe County School Board with my eternal gratitude, and a lovely human voice (gasp!) attached to the name Sonja has been so helpful in Human Resources that I look forward to meeting her in person. It may have been the first time I really stopped and smiled today. Not like me. Not to smile, that is. Really.

I sent my first follow-up to Sigsbee today and hope they will be able to share some insight on my status. I begin my next grad class again tomorrow, and the next few months are bound to be a blur of busy once again. With all good luck, I'll have some news to share soon enough!

In the meantime, I believe it's 5 o'clock somewhere ... and this momma could use moment of red-vintaged downtime. Chop is traveling for work this week, and I miss him on days like today. In just a bit, my littlest guy will be snuggled in to sleep for the night ... and tomorrow ... well, tomorrow is another day.

I know. Simply profound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment below. I welcome your thoughts, questions, and feedback. Please remember, this is a family-friendly blog. Keep it positive; keep it clean. Thank you!