Site Translator

Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Sweet Surprise

In the jam-packed pace of my world these days, I'm afraid this is 'old news'.  I actually swore I wouldn't blog about this latest for fear of jinxing the possibilities ... but ...

... I have an interview with Sigsbee!   

Yes, I know ... you know already!  But I've kept Key West secrets for so long it's simply impossible not to divulge all at this point ... so I won't mind if you click off and skip me over this go-around.  Really, please.  But the fact of the matter is that I am thrilled to be given the chance to personally interview (and fight!) for a teaching position in the school I've admired for so long now.  Allow me a glowing moment to document this, if you would.  Perhaps it's nothing more my desire to annotate a small glimmer of success after the tortuous wait of January, February, etc, etc., and the first 16 days of June, but my toes are still a-twinkle none-the-less.

How?  I don't really know.  Could my out-of-town address really have hindered me that much regardless of my qualifications?  Did I misread the staffing updates altogether or ... maybe I'm an alternate candidate?  No matter, as my self-proclaimed pity party neared its cranky-pants end the other day, I returned home to find a late-night email from the principal ... and a subsequent appointment set for July.  Sweeeeeet.  Thank you, thank you, thank you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment below. I welcome your thoughts, questions, and feedback. Please remember, this is a family-friendly blog. Keep it positive; keep it clean. Thank you!