Site Translator

Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Zip Code 33040: "The Rock"

We have an address!  Today we got a lock on our new mailing address and scheduled our move-in appointment for July 7th.  Yeehaw!  Conch-themed address labels anyone ...dare me, dare me please!  I was in fact so elated at this final piece today that I dang near forgot to follow up on my job status today.  Shame on me!  Not that it mattered ... still no rays of sunshine on the teaching front, I'm afraid.

So just to recap briefly (if only because I'm just so silly tired I could sleep 'til Sunday):

July 2nd - We pick up our moving truck and pack 'er up! 

July 3rd -  Scrub-a-dub-dub ... and one last good-bye to our beautiful Virginia home.  Reminder note to self:  The memories travel to Key West with us both.  The house is just the vessel.  Repeat. 

July 3rd (still ....) - Say prayer that adorable house sells quickly.

July 4th - Arrive at my parents in time for cocktail hour!

July 5th - Leave for Sarasota to swap leather sofa for Chop's mom, who has graciously agreed to help us with the littlest one for the first few days ('littlest one' needs a super cool alias here, don'cha think? ... comments, comments??).  Ah, yes.  Cocktail hour in Sota too.

July 6th - Last leg down to Mile Marker 0, otherwise known as "the rock" ... drop off precious pooch at Pampered Pet for a 2-day doggie vacay.  Check into Navy lodging and .... dinner at ??? ... still deciding!

July 7th - Hello Key West!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment below. I welcome your thoughts, questions, and feedback. Please remember, this is a family-friendly blog. Keep it positive; keep it clean. Thank you!